Happy Wednesday Book Lovers,
Today, I'm very honored to introduce my friend and fellow author, Margaret Daley.
Margaret Daley is an award winning, multi-published author in the romance genre. One of her romantic suspense books, Hearts on the Line, won the American Christian Fiction Writers’ Book of the Year Contest. Recently she has won the Golden Quill Contest, FHL’s Inspirational Readers’ Choice Contest, Winter Rose Contest, Holt Medallion and the Barclay Gold Contest. She wrote for various secular publishers before the Lord led her to the Christian romance market. She currently writes inspirational romance and romantic suspense books for the Steeple Hill Love Inspired lines, romantic suspense for Abingdon Press and historical romance for Summerside Press. She has sold seventy-five books to date.
Margaret is currently the President for American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), an organization of over 2300 members. She was one of the founding members of the first ACFW local chapter, WIN in Oklahoma. She has taught numerous classes for online groups, ACFW and RWA chapters. She enjoys mentoring other authors.
Until she retired a few years ago, she was a teacher of students with special needs for twenty-seven years and volunteered with Special Olympics as a coach. She currently is on the Outreach committee at her church, working on several projects in her community as well as serving on her church’s vestry.
On a more personal note, she has been married for over forty years to Mike and has one son and four granddaughters. She treasures her time with her family and friends.
Margaret graciously agreed to answer a few questions about a couple of her books.
Questions for author interviews for Lynette’s blog
1. We read your bio and learned a little about you. Anything you want to share in addition to that? When I retired from teaching three years ago, I wasn’t sure how it would go. I thought I might get bored or not have enough to do. NOT. I have been busier now writing full-time than when I was teaching and writing.
2. You’ve been writing a long time. How many books do you have published now? I sold my seventy-fifth book last September to Summerside Press. That historical romance called From This Day Forward will be out this September.
3. I know you’ve written a book in the recent Love Inspired Suspense continuity series, Texas Ranger Justice. Was it difficult to write about an idea created by someone else?
My book, Trail of Lies, was the fourth book (out April 2011) in the series. This has been my seventh continuity series and each one is a challenge coordinating with five other awesome authors and writing a story that has loosely been plotted by Love Inspired Suspense. They give us the broad plot points we need to address in our story, but we have to come up with all the scenes in between and make it all work.
4. I know you did a lot of research for Trail of Lies, including visiting with a Texas Ranger. Do you always “go all out” with your research? I try to get my research as accurate as I can. Some books require more than others. I have interviewed some interesting people for a book.
5. What are you working on now or going to write next? I am working on Saving Grace, my second book in the Men of the Texas Rangers, a romantic suspense series for Abingdon Press. This book will be out next August 2012. The first in the series called Saving Hope will be out in February 2012.
6. What do you like to do for fun? Do something with my family, especially my granddaughters. I also love to go to lunch and a movie with a friend.
7. How can readers get in contact with you? http://www.margaretdaley.com is the address of my new website. I just got through redoing it and moving my blog to the website. Check it out and leave a comment on my guestbook for a chance to win a book in the monthly contest.
8. What is the book you have out in June? I have the second book in Guardians, Inc. Series for Love Inspired. It is called Protecting Her Own. The third will be out in September called Hidden in the Everglades.
Blurb for Protecting Her Own: Nothing short of her dad’s stroke could bring professional bodyguard Cara Madison back to Virginia. But her homecoming turns explosive with a pipe bomb package addressed to her father. Cara knows two things for sure. First, someone’s after either her father or her…or both. And second, this job is too big to handle on her own. Unexpected help comes from Virginia state police detective Connor Fitzgerald. Years ago she’d walked away from him…and love. Now, despite their unresolved feelings, they must join forces—and settle their scarred differences.
9. Any parting comments? Wise advice for pre-published authors? Keep writing and submitting your work. Don’t give up. Also don’t forget to read a lot in the area you want to write.
You are a very busy lady! Thank you so much for stopping by and spending some time with us.
Readers, if you would like to win a copy of Margaret's newest release, PROTECTING HER OWN, please leave a comment saying you want to be entered in the drawing. You might leave Margaret a little note, too. :)
God Bless and until we meet again...