Wednesday, December 05, 2012

BLOG HOP - Interview about Lynette Eason and meet some new authors


Are you ready to be introduced to some new authors through a Blog Hop? Never heard of a Blog Hop? It was new to me, too. Here’s how it works: I’m going to answer ten questions, then at the bottom, I’ll be adding links to several authors I’d like you to meet. 
Now, here are my Q&A:
What is the working title of your book?
Right now, I’m working on a couple of books. The first one is the second in the FAMILY REUNIONS series. The title hasn’t been settled on yet. This book is for the Love Inspired Suspense line. The other book I’m working on also doesn’t have a title yet. The working title is No One You Know. This book is for Revell and is due on Jan 2! Not sure when it will release, but am hoping for fall of 2013. This book kicks off a new series that I’m really excited about. I’ve had a great time researching the WITSEC program.
Where did the idea come from for the book?
My editor. She emailed me one day and said, “I have an idea for a book. You want it?” I said, “Sure.” So she emailed me the blurb and I took it from there.
What genre does your book fall under?
My books are Inspirational Romantic Suspense.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Maybe Eric Culver who plays Deeks on NCIS los Angeles. The female might be someone like Grace Park who plays Kona on Hawaii 5-0.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Summer Abernathy wakes one morning to find a gun pointed in her face, her husband missing and a short timeline to make things right before she’s killed.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
My books are published through traditional publishing houses, Harlequin and Revell. I think I might like to self-publish something one day, just to see if the money is any better, but it’s a lot of work to do it right. Not ready to go that route just yet.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I’m usually writing two books at the same time. Writing the Harlequin books don’t take as long – generally two to three months. I give myself 4 months to write them, though. The Revell books usually take the entire 7-9 months to write because of all the research that I have to do.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Library Journal compared one of my books to Suzanne Brockman and Sandra Brown. I laughed, but was flattered. Just to make it clear, my books are very chaste as far as sexual content as I write for the Christian market, however, there is quite a bit of violence that would probably make the books more along the lines of a PG-13 rating.
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Money. LOL. No, seriously, while the advance is motivating, I love what I do. Writing suspense/mystery is like figuring out a puzzle. I love it when all the pieces come together to form the big picture.
What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
If you love mystery, forensics, a bit of law and order, suspense and a touch of romance, then you’ll enjoy my books.
Next up on December 12th: 



No comments: